Monday, September 21, 2015

The "Would You Rather" Book Tag



The "Would You Rather" Book Tag
 

The “Would you rather” book tag originated on Youtube by Rachel Reads, but I was tagged to participate by Soudha from Of Stacks andCups.



Would you rather read only trilogies or stand alones?


For the longest time I tried to stay away from trilogies and pick more stand alones. The reason for this is because in the example of a series: I will start it then want to read and/or buy the rest of the books. This can become very expensive, especially when I lose all willpower when I walk into a book store, ha! If I could afford to buy every trilogy I happened to like, then I would pick that one. 


Would you rather read only male or female authors?


Most of the authors I read are female, but I should mention that I also enjoy some male authors as well. I read a book based solely on if it interests me or not. So if I had to choose I would say female because they make up the majority of my favourite authors. 


Would you rather shop at Barnes and Nobel or Amazon?


I don’t know if there are Barnes and Nobel stores here in Canada. Our big book chain is called Chapters/Indigo. I have downloaded many books from Amazon and will probably purchase some physical copies eventually. 


Would you rather all books become movies or tv shows?


I wish I could pick neither for this question because I find very few movie or television adaptations do the story justice. If I had to pick one, I would see a book be turned into a tv show because it would allow more plot and character development throughout a number of episodes. 


Would you rather read 5 pages per day or 5 books a week?


If I could only read 5 pages per day, I’d never reach my yearly goal, let alone get through my TBR. I would rather read 5 books a week, as long as I am able to enjoy the books and not just fly through the pages and not retain anything. 


Would you rather be a professional reviewer or an author?


If you asked me this question 10 or 15 years ago I would have said that I’d rather be an author. Unfortunately as I grew up I lost my interest in fiction writing. Since starting this blog back in January, I’ve come to love reviewing books. I would love to become a professional reviewer. 


Would you rather only read your top 20 favourite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven’t read before?


I would rather read and discover new books. Could you imagine how many you would miss out on if you only stuck to your top 20? I’d also be afraid that my love for my favourites would diminish if I re-read them constantly. 


Would you rather be a librarian or a book seller?


Both would be careers that would interest me. I think that I would pick to be a librarian because there is so much more to the job and it would be so rewarding to help people learn and encourage literacy in the community.


Would you rather only read your favourite genre or every genre except your favourite?


My own entertainment would be more guaranteed if I read a genre I knew I loved. 


Would you rather only read physical books or eBooks?


I love my Kobo as much as anyone else, but there is nothing like holding and reading a real book. 



6 comments:

  1. Your answers were all really interesting to read Melissa ^^ I especially like what you said for the question about movie and TV adaptation. Really few of them actually end up doing justice to the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Soudha. Sorry it took me so long to respond to your tag. I had a bit of a backlog of posts going on.

      Delete
  2. I think I agree with all of your answers. :) I’m also usually not a fan of book-to-movie adaptations, but I think it would be interesting to see more books become TV shows.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answers to a lot of these, and I totally agree in most cases! I definitely think TV shows would be better than movies but TV shows also tend to go off on their own direction in order to prolong the show which can be just as bad for the book as a movie would be... love the look of your blog btw, (my first time here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome BookNerd! Thank you for stopping by.
      You are absolutely right about show adaptations going off on their own direction. I've heard that Game of Thrones has done this in the most recent season that aired. It kind of turns fans of the book off, when this happens I think.

      Delete