Wednesday, March 23, 2016

ML's Worth a Watch: Commonly Mispronounced Author Names


A few weeks ago I was looking through my suggested videos on Youtube and I came across the two videos I am sharing with you today. These videos are brought to us by BookRiot and clear up some commonly mispronounced authors names.





So what do you do when you are reading and come across a name that you can't pronounce? Well for me I usually try to make up my own pronunciation. Then when I hear the correct way to say that specific name it just doesn't seem natural to me, ha. So even though Jodi Picoult's name was clarified I will still be pronouncing it "Pie-colt" in my head.

What are some authors names that you have been pronouncing wrong? Leave me a message in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes. I too have a hard time correcting the pronunciation in my head. It happens with author names as well as character names - the one I had mis-pronounced for a long time was - Hermoine (as Her-moin). It took many re-watches of the movie series to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanaya, I pronounced Hermione's name wrong until the movie came out as well, haha. I was saying Harmony or something like that in my head as I read.

      Delete