Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunday Wrap-up: March 13-20, 2016






Hello everyone and welcome to Spring!

Unfortunately I didn't get a post up last sunday because I was having a lot of problems with my internet. It turns out that a lot of people in my area were going through this as well. It took several days before the connection was back up and running properly, which was quite annoying. Anyway I decided to combine my Sunday Wrap-up for the 13th of March with that of today.

Last week I received the order I placed with Mary Kay and I was so excited to try out all my new products. Stay turned for a haul and review post for that.

Other than that there really hasn't been much excitement on my end. I am really longing to go away even if it is just for a nice or two. We haven't gone away in quite a while. Someplace laid back would be nice, to just recharge. Who knows when that will happen though. Hopefully sooner than later.

I've been making slow reading progress the past two weeks. I'm not sure why. Maybe I am a bit burnt out from the last read-a-thon I participated in. It happens to the best of us though right?

Reading Progress

I finally finished reading Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring #1) by Angela Elwell Hunt. 
It was an interesting historical fiction about the lost colony who settled on Roanoke however it was very long. I gave it 4/5 rating.




The Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Dreams #1) by Liz Johnson 
I hope to get this one finished and reviewed this week sometime. I am really enjoying the P.E.I setting. So beautiful!




Summer of the Roses by Luanne Rice, Narrated by Karen Ziemba
 I'm not very far into this audio book yet, but it is just ok. I will listen to one more disk and then decided if I will continue it.


Recent Posts:



Coming up this week:  

Monday: Book Review: Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin RATING: 4/5
Wednesday: ML's Worth a Watch Commonly Mispronounced Author Names
Friday: Mary Kay Beauty Haul and Review



Hosted by: Book Date





8 comments:

  1. That Roanoke book looks fascinating, I'd like to see more historical fiction about the early colonies. Seems like that hasn't been done much. I haven't read much other than earlier this week either, too much binge watching. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read much from that time period either so it was a great learning experience even if it was a fictional account. I believe that book is free on Amazon if you wanted to look it up.
      Funny I've been binge watching shows as well! Just in the mood to just relax and catch up with some favourites I guess. Hope you have a great week too Greg!

      Delete
  2. I love MK products and years ago before my hubby moved us everywhere, I sold them. Enjoy! You have me curious about the Roanoke book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time using MK products. So far so good, if only it weren't so expensive.
      I think the Roanoke book is free on Amazon if you are interested in checking it out. Thanks for stopping by Kimberly!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover on Roanoke.

    Summer of Roses looks good. I read a book by LuAnn Rice...it was good. Gorgeous cover on The Red Door Inn.

    ENJOY your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by Elizabeth! I like the covers for these books as well.

    Hope you have a great week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roanoke looks interesting. That seems to be a hot topic for some writers.

    ReplyDelete