Friday, April 8, 2016

Mary Kay Beauty Haul Spring 2016

Source

I have been meaning to make this post for a couple of weeks ago but kept putting it off because I'm terrible at taking good pictures. I really wanted to share my recent haul with everyone, so I finally bit the bullet and got my camera out. Honestly I was only happy with one of the pictures I took so that is the one I'm going to go with..

Last month I won and enjoyed a Mary Kay pampering session for me and three friends. A wonderful consultant came and taught us all how to do a Mary Kay clean skin routine, soft hands and satin lips demo and a makeup tutorial. She taught us all how to apply it ourselves, which is nice because we were able to re-create the looks ourselves. It was a fun and relaxing time, just us girls.

Afterwards I placed an order for some products and they were delivered within a week. I was pleasantly surprised how fast it arrived.

I had never ordered from Mary Kay before because it is quite pricey, but it was nice to splurge just this once. Here is what I bought:


Products from left to right:

  1. Mary Kay Botanical Effects Cleanse (Normal/Sensitive Skin): This is an everyday face wash that leaves my skin feeling nice and clean. 
  2. Mary Kay Botanical Effects Freshen (Normal/Sensitive Skin): This comes in a spray bottle and I use it with a cotton pad before I use the cleanser. Like the rest of the products in this line it is unscented. It is also alcohol free. 
  3. Mary Kay Botanical Effects Hydrate (Normal/Sensitive Skin): This is a lotion which is to be used after cleansing the face. I find it a bit greasy though.
  4. Mary Kay Botanical Effects Mask (Normal/Sensitive Skin): I love to use this mask in the bath. I cleanse my skin first then apply the mask. The packaging suggests using 2-3 times a week. 
From left to right:
  1. Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara -Black: This is one of the best mascara's I've tried. I have long and dark eyelashes already, so I normally wear much. But this product really makes them look nice.
  2. Mary Kat at Play Shadow and Liner (Caramellow): This is a fun two sided eye product. One side has a brown liner and the other is a copper coloured eye shadow. I picked these colours at the advice of my consultant who assured me that they would compliment my skin tone and eye colour. Its also really easy to apply.

 So that is all of the products I purchased at my pampering session. Have you ever ordered from May Kay? If so what do you think of their products? I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a message in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment