Friday, February 3, 2017

ML's Worth a Watch: The Shack Movie Trailer


One of the most profound books I have ever read is The Shack by Wm. Paul Young.


Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation, and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his "Great Sadness," Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever.

In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant The Shack wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!
(Description from Goodreads)

At the time it was a book I never would have chosen for myself, but it was picked by my book club, so I reluctantly gave it a try. It was an absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking reading experience and worthy of a 5 star rating. 

I recently learned that it has been turned into a movie staring Sam Worthington, Octavia Spencer, Radha Mitchell and Tim McGraw. Today I would like to share with you the movie trailer:


Personally I can't wait to see it and hope that it does the book justice. 

I'd love to know what you think.. 
Have you read The Shack? Does this look like a movie you would like to see? Leave me a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment