Saturday, July 1, 2017

Reading Catch-up: 2007


Since I had my baby boy in April, I have taken a step back from accepting review requests. Instead I have decided to focus the little reading time I have on catching up with some older books. Most specifically the backlog I've had on my TBR for years now. While I read from a variety of genres, I noticed that many of the books I'd like to read are among the most read in their year of publication. So I decided to make a list for myself using Goodreads "Most Popular" compilations, divided by year starting in 2007. To encourage myself to read more I will reward myself after I have completed my list for a specific year. How will I reward myself, you ask? With books of course! Most specifically with a Book Outlet order. Stay tuned for my monthly wrap-ups, where I plan to update my progress on these challenges. 

Now let's travel back to 2007. Click on the link below to check out all the top books published in that year.



Here is my list from that year (including books I have already read

2007 Book Releases

Title Author 
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) JK Rowling
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) Rick Riordan 
The Shack William Paul Young
Sarah's Key Tatiana de Rosnay
Shopaholic and Baby (Shopaholic, #5)  Sohpie Kinsella
The Luxe (Luxe, #1) Anna Godbersen
The Book of Negroes  Laurence Hill
Lean Mean Thirteen  (Stephanie Plum, #13) Janet Evanovich
Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2) Sara Shepard
Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3) Sara Shepard
Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #4) Ann Brashares
Plum Lovin' (Stephanie Plum, 12.5) Janet Evanovich
War Brides  Helen Bryan
The Last Summer Ann Brashares
The Uncommon Reader Alan Bennett 
Queen of Babble in the Big City (Queen of Babble, #2) Meg Cabot

2007 Releases Read to Date:





Current Progress:




Fingers crossed that I stick to this plan! Wish me luck. 

2 comments:

  1. That is really interesting to look back at 2007! Wow ten years- I had no idea some of those books had been published that long ago. Good luck with your backlog reading! I'd like to do more as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy to think of 2007 as 10 years ago? Thank you Greg.

      Delete